2019 Ford Transit
2019 Ford E-Series/Horton
2018 Chevrolet 2500HD
2017 Ford E-Series/Horton
2016 Ford E-Series/Horton
Squad 1 is a 2010 Pierce Arrow XT. The apparatus has a Cummins motor, 1000 gallon water tank, 1500gpm Waterous pump and a Husky 12 foam cell with a 30 gallon tank. It is housed at Station 1 and runs as the rescue engine for the station. It is also the primary engine for assists out of district and first due on structural calls outside of the Town of Middletown city limits. The engine has a full compliment of Holmatro rescue tools, engine company and ventillation equipment.
Tower 27 is a 95' mid-mount tower ladder with a 1500gpm pump and 300 gallon water tank. The apparatus has 2 - 1 3/4" pre-connect hand lines at 200' each, plus a 2 1/2" pre-connect with 150' of line. There is 800' of 5" supply line and a large assortment of truck company tools and rope rescue and EMS equipment.
27-1 is a 2007 Ford 550 with a Pierce mini-pumper body, designed to accomodate the coming growth and multiple parking garages planned for the community. The apparatus is set up with a basic compliment of Holmatro Core rescue equipment for a quick response vehicle for MVC's, as well as miscellaneous firefighting tools for wildland firefighting as well.
Utility 27 is primarily used for responses involving the boat and air unit.
B-1 is the newest Horton ambulance to the fleet and is housed at Station 1. This was the fourth unit purchased from VCI with minimal upgrades since the initial unit (B-27) was purchased back in 1999.
2005 Ford E-350
Rescue 27 is a Pierce heavy duty rescue pumper with a full compliment of Holmatro rescue equipment, cribbing, air bags and rescue jacks. The apparatus also carries firefighting, forcible entry and ventillation equipment, along with a on board cascade system and telescoping light tower. The apparatus has a 750 gallon water tank along with a 30 gallon foam cell with the Pierce Husky foam system. The unit carries 1000' of 5" supply line along with multiple 1 3/4" hand lines and a 2 1/2" blitz line.
27-Marine-2 is a 2004 War Eagle boat with a 25hp Yamaha outboard motor.
Air 27 is a mobile cascade trailer capable of supplying multiple types of breathing apparatus.
This unit was originally designated as 27-0, but was renumbered when it was assigned to station 1.
Utility 1 is primarily used for medical assists and other fire related duties. It was orignally designated as Utility 27, but was renumbered when it was assigned to the newly opened station 1.
1997 Chevrolet/Lifeline- First new ambulance purchased when the Volunteer Hose Company got back in the ambulance business.
Engine 1-3 is an all-wheel drive vehicle primarily designed for off road fires. The unit has a 1250 GPM mid-ship pump and has pump and roll capability, with a 500 gallon water tank. It was originally designated as 27-2, but was renumbered when it was assigned to the newly opened station 1.
Engine 27-5 is a 1995 Pierce Sabre with a 1250 gpm pump and a 1000 gallon water tank. The apparatus is set up as the attack engine for structural fires and also has a Hurst rescue tool.
Rescue 1 has a 1500gpm pump supplied by a 1000 gallon water tank. The apparatus has a full compliment of Holmatro rescue tools, cribbing and firefighting equipment. The unit is also set up with a basic rope compliment and water rescue equipment to assist with various emergencies. The unit was originally designated as an engine (27-4) and was later changed to Rescue 27 in 1997. It served in that capacity until the new Rescue 27 went into service.
Quint 1 is a 75' quint that has a 400 gallon water tank with a 1500gpm pump. The apparatus carries an assortment of truck company equipment as well as a compliment of special rescue tools. When originally purchased, 1-7 ran as Ladder 27 until the new tower was purchased, when it was re-assigned to station 1 to balance the ladder compliment in our fire district.
Sold at auction to a private owner in 1999.
1986 Chevrolet Silverado Sold at auction to a private owner in 1999
Served several functions during it's life span at the Volunteer Hose Company. It's greatest moment was when it transported 16 children from a school bus accident in Odessa. Sold to a private owner in 1999.
Engine 27-3 is a 1986 Pierce Arrow and has a 1250 gpm pump and a 500 gallon water tank. It has a foam system and was originally designated as 27-6 because it served as the Volunteer Hose Company's first rescue pumper from 1986 until 1997.
1979 Four Guys Tanker Sold in 1995 1000 gpm pump 3200 gallon tank
1977 Ward LaFrance 1250 gpm pump 1000 gallon tank Purchased new for $91,000. This was the last Ward LaFrance purchased by Volunteer Hose. The company went out of business a few years later.
1973 Ward LaFrance 1250 gpm pump 1000 gallon tank This was Middletown's first engine that was delivered with the yellow paint. Purchased new for $62,000
1966 International Twin Screw Tractor Heil 6800 gallon tank
1965 Ward LaFrance w/ Cincinnati Cab 750 gpm pump 1000 gallon tank Sold to Hack's Point, MD in 1991
80' Snorkel Originally from Claymont, DE Sold to Margate, NJ in 1992
Army surplus Dodge
Purchased for $8,000 New International chassis installed in 1974
Purchased for $18,300. Totaled in an accident in 1973.
1948 Ward LaFrance 750 gpm pump 750 gallon tank Purchased in 1948 and delivered in November 1949 for $17,500
500 gpm Triple Combination Hale Purchased for $9,100 in 1940 and delivered in 1941
1940 American LaFrance JOX. The JOX line was one of the first custom fire trucks to come standard with doors and rear facing crew seats. 75' Ladder (originally 100') It was purchased for $2000 from the Mill Creek Fire Company by a life member of the Volunteer Hose Company and donated to the company. Sold to Hartly in 1980's and now owned by the Mill Creek Fire Company. Mill Creek uses it as a parade piece
Purchased from Port Penn in 1997. Served until 1999. This ambulance signaled the return of the Volunteer Hose Company to the ambulance business on July 1, 1997. It's first run was a car crash on July 3.
A-1 is the second Horton ambulance purchased by the Volunteer Hose Company. It was originally designated as A-27, but was renumbered when it was assigned to the newly opened Station 1. It remained in service there until B-1 was purchased. It has kept its Station 1 identifier despite being rotated for use at station 27.
A-27 was the third Horton ambulance purchased by the Volunteer Hose Company and has been housed at Station 27 since it went into service.
B-27 was the first Horton ambulance owned by the Volunteer Hose Company. Its radio designation has remained constant since it was placed in service.
Ordered on June 3, 1888.